Private Puppy, Basic and Advanced and Custom Manners Lessons
If you have relied solely on group classes for training in the past, you know how difficult it can be to free up a set space in your schedule to make it to all of the classes. Ideal Dog offers unique private lessons, showing you how to train your dog, but on your schedule. Private lessons give you hours of undivided attention, and you will love the results. No consult is required before scheduling if your dog is free from aggression or significant behavior issues. If your dog has any behavior concerns an Initial Behavior Evaluation and Consultation is required before starting lessons.
Private Lessons vs Group Classes
|Private Lessons||Group Classes|
|Very limited distractions||Groups of 4-8 students working at once|
|Flexible Schedule||Set schedule and time|
|Teacher’s attention all yours||Teacher’s attention divided among participants|
|Individualized instruction for you and your dog||Instruction geared to the group|
|Immediate feedback and encouragement||Not as much attention from teacher|
|Cost well worth the results||Ok for some, but not ideal for others|
- Package lessons are 45 minute sessions.
- Private Lesson packages must be completed within 6 weeks of the start date.
- Prices and services subject to change without prior notice.
- Travel fee for round trip mileage is $1.85/mile for in-home consultations and training, minimum $30 fee.
- Services provided at our training center have no additional fees.
- Single session custom private manners training sessions are also available for $95/hour. Packages are available for custom 1 hour lessons.
- If your dog has a behavior concern and more than manners training is needed, a Behavior Evaluation is required.
Private lessons are available for most of our specialty classes as well, just ask! We offer private lesson/classes for Agility, Scent Work, Tricks, CGC, Rally the list goes on! Check out all of the classes offered here.
This course is for young puppies age 6 weeks to 16 weeks who are in their critical socialization period. Puppies must be under 4 months of age for these lessons.
Three lessons include:
- Crate training
- Potty training
- Chewing and mouthing
- Basic commands: name recognition, sit, down, come, wait, take it/ drop it
- Beginner polite leash walking
- Handling for grooming and exams
- Socialization, polite greetings and appropriate play skills
Cost is $225 for 3 Private Lessons- Travel fees apply for in-home training
This course teaches basic training cues that every dog should learn. A set outline is followed. Please note these lessons do not include handling behavior concerns.
Four lessons include:
- Basic cues: name, sit, down, stay, come
- Take it/drop it, wait, off (don’t jump up)
- Leave it
- Polite leash walking, “heel”
- Impulse control, structured games
Cost is $300 for 4 Private Lessons -Travel fees apply for in-home training
This training course is for dogs with some previous training. It provides challenging and fun activities to keep your dog’s mind active and to keep you on your toes! Dogs should have completed Basic Manners lessons or classes as a pre-requisite.
Four lessons include:
- Solid STAY- with distance/distraction or out of sight
- Advanced on leash and/or Off leash heeling
- Place/go lie down/settle with distractions
- Leave it
- Really reliable re-call with distance and distraction
- Advanced attention and focus
- Trick of your choice
Cost is $300 for 4 Private Lessons -Travel fees apply for in home training
Custom Private Training Lesson Package
- 1 hour lessons pre-scheduled on days and times that work for you
- 15 % off for 4 or more lessons. We love rewarding you for dedicating time and energy to training your dog
- You and your trainer design a custom training plan to address your dog’s unique needs. If behavior concerns need to be addressed you will start with a 90 minute Behavior Evaluation.
- Available at our training center studio or in your home
Cost is $325 for 4 Private Lessons -Travel fees apply for in home training