Temporary Changes: As of 3/17/20 per Safer at Home Order we are offering consultations over the phone or video meeting via ZOOM. In person consults at Ideal DOG facility -No In home services until further notice.
We offer consultations at our training facility, in your home or over the phone. Consults include:
- An evaluation of your dog’s behavior to determine the root cause
- A complete history and personality profile discussion to determine influences of behavior long term
- Professional recommendations for behavior modification
90 minute Behavior Evaluation Consultation-Cost $175.00 (travel fees apply for in home consultations)
Private Behavior Modification / Custom Training Specialties
Personalized plans to work on specific behavior problems
We handle the following behavior issues and more:
- House training (including crate/confinement training and marking)
- Jumping up, mouthing, and pushy attention seeking behavior
- Leash reactivity (lunging/barking)
- Destructive chewing
- Excessive barking
- Running away and boundary training
- Counter surfing, food stealing and garbage raiding
- Handling problems (vet exam, nail trim issues, grooming difficulties etc.)
- Separation anxiety
- Possession guarding
- Acclimation to a new home (for rescued/adopted dogs)
- Dog/Dog aggression- socialization with unfamiliar and multi dog household pack order
- Aggression towards strangers
- OCD behaviors
- Sound sensitivity
- Behavior Evaluation for pet or working dog selection( from a breeder or shelter)
- Litter Evaluation for best placement-Avidog APET and/or Volhard
We are happy to evaluate and have an initial behavior consultation for a variety of behavior problems but may refer serious aggression cases to a Vet Behaviorist. Aggression level is determined by evaluating bite history, determining the dog’s bite threshold and the dog’s bite inhibition( damage caused by the bite) before or during the initial consultation. If you have a behavior concern with your dog, do NOT wait to get help. It can take weeks to get an appointment with a certified professional. Behavior problems do not resolve on their own, they often progress and get worse without treatment. Don’t hesitate to get the help you need! We encourage all dog owners to discuss behavior concerns with their Veterinarian to rule out medical causes.
Discounted packages are offered to clients who commit to 4 or more training sessions, up to 15% off! 1 hour sessions after the first consult are $95/hr.
*Prices and services subject to change without prior notice. Travel fee for round trip mileage is $1.50/mile for in-home consultations and training. Consultations held at our training center have no additional fees.