We offer Behavior Evaluation Consultations at our training facilities, in your home, over the phone or ZOOM. Consults include:
- An evaluation of your dog’s behavior and previous training to determine the root cause
- A complete history and personality profile discussion to determine influences of behavior long term
- Professional recommendations for behavior modification and training
90 minute Behavior Evaluation Consultation-Cost $175.00 – for dogs who have just started displaying behavior changes. This consultation option is for non aggressive behaviors only. A complete behavior history form is completed online before the session.
Serious Concern Consultation Package 2 hours Initial meeting, required 1 hour follow up training appointment $325 (travel fees apply for in home consultations, availability is limited).- For dogs who have displayed behavior concerns for any length of time, have multiple concerns or have a history of threatening behaviors including growling, snapping, threatening/attempting to bite/nip. Lynsie Bernier, CPDT-KA Owner of Ideal DOG sees clients for serious behavior concern consultations. We reserve the right to refer any behavior cases we determine to need services through a CDBC or Vet Behaviorist.
We refer clients who have dogs with extensive long term concerns and/or a bite history to a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant. There are two to choose from in Oshkosh, WI:
Cari Tetzlaff- Better Together Animal Training-https://trainbettertogether.com
Jody Andresen- Pawsitive Directions- http://www.pawsitivedirections.com/index.php
Private Behavior Modification / Custom Training Specialties
Personalized plans to work on specific behavior problems
We handle the following behavior issues and more:
- House training (including crate/confinement training and marking)
- Jumping up, mouthing, and pushy attention seeking behavior
- Leash reactivity (lunging/barking)
- Destructive chewing
- Excessive barking
- Running away and boundary training
- Counter surfing, food stealing and garbage raiding
- Handling problems (vet exam, nail trim issues, grooming difficulties etc.)
- Possession guarding
- Acclimation to a new home (for rescued/adopted dogs)
- Dog/Dog reactivity- socialization with unfamiliar and multi dog household management
- Growling/Snapping- Requires Consult with Lynsie- cases that involve biting/ injury are referred to a CDBC
- Threatening behavior towards strangers( requires serious concern consult with Lynsie or refer to CDBC)
- Sound sensitivity
- Personality/Temperament Evaluation for pet or working dog selection( from a breeder or shelter)
- Litter Evaluation for best placement-Avidog APET and/or Volhard
Wisconsin Trainer who specializes in Separation Anxiety:
We are happy to evaluate and have an initial behavior consultation for a variety of behavior problems but refer serious aggression cases to a Certified Animal Behavior Consultant OR to a Veterinary Animal Behaviorist. Aggression level is determined by evaluating history of concerns.
If you have a behavior concern with your dog, do NOT wait to get help. It can take weeks to get an appointment with a certified professional. Behavior problems do not resolve on their own, they often progress and get worse without treatment. Don’t hesitate to get the help you need! We encourage all dog owners to discuss behavior concerns with their Veterinarian to rule out medical causes. We strongly encourage you to select a Certified Behavior Consultant and check credentials before hiring any animal trainer. Training is unregulated and anyone can claim to be qualified to treat aggression. Ask specific questions and be an advocate for your dog.
Discounted packages are offered to clients who commit to 4 or more training sessions, up to 15% off! 1 hour sessions after the first consult are $95/hr.
*Prices and services subject to change without prior notice. Travel fee for round trip mileage is $1.85/mile for in-home consultations and training. Consultations held at our training center have no additional fees. Minimum travel fee for in home services is $30.