Group training classes allow our instructors to teach you how to train your dog!
Our group classes have 4-8 dog handler teams per class. Classes are 1 hour long and are held on set day and time each week for a series of weeks.
To Register: choose the class you would like to enroll in, choose your payment type (PayPal for online payment or By Check for check payment) then fill out the full registration form including your dog’s info. *NOTE if you choose to pay by check you will need to mail a check to Ideal DOG 3450 Senn Road, Omro, WI 54963 to reserve your spot for the class.
Or you can Sign up at our neighbor store The Pampurr’d Pet during business hours- (pay with cash or check only at the store).
A complete registration form and payment must be made to reserve a spot.
If you don’t see a group class that works for you, contact us about private training lessons. Private lessons are customized to fit your schedule!
Please note-If your dog has behavior concerns group classes are not appropriate and private training/behavior counseling is needed. No refunds can be given if dogs must be excused from class for disruptive behavior. Puppy classes require dogs be dog friendly. Thank you for understanding.
Does Your Dog Want To Help Out The Community? Therapy Dog Skills Are The Way To Go!
Therapy DOG Skills
In this fun 4 week class you and your dog will be introduced to cues and skills needed
to become a great therapy dog team. This class is for dogs 1 year of age who have completed a Basic and Advanced Manners/ CGC class or equivalent. Dogs must be outgoing, social with all people and children and free from issue with other dogs.
- Loose Leash Walking- with distractions
- Polite Greetings- Evaluate dog’s response to prolonged attention from strangers-Dogs must be free from shy/fearful or reactive/aggressive behavior
- Sit, Down and Stand Stay Place/Settle
- Positive exposure to mobility equipment
- Leave it- used for food, dropped items, other dogs etc.
- Paws up, “say hi”, back up, off
- Handler Skills: understanding dog body language and stress signals
Upon completion dogs and handlers will have a good understanding of the skills needed to be prepared to explore Therapy Dog opportunities. The final class session dogs who graduate visit an assisted living facility!
Cost is $115, limit is 8 students. For dogs over 1 year of age
Enroll Today And Start Learning Valuable Therapy Dog Skills!
Striving For Your Dog To Be A Good Citizen?
AKC Canine Good Citizen
This advanced training 6 week course is for dogs with some previous training. Students learn all of the behaviors needed to pass the American Kennel Club, Canine Good Citizen Test ( AKC CGC). Go to: http://www.akc.org/events/cgc/ for more information. Upon successful completion of this class, students will be well prepared to take the test and earn the official AKC CGC Performance Title! This class includes the test! Dogs MUST be social with strangers, free from issue with other dogs and free from aggression concerns to participate.
Six, 1 hour classes include:
- Basic commands: sit, down, stay, come, heel( without use of training aids or lures/food rewards)
- Sit politely for petting and allow handling/ light grooming
- Appropriate reaction to real world distractions (strangers, walking through a crowd, mobility equipment, loud noises)
- Ability to be calm and friendly when left with a stranger
- Greet another dog and handler politely
Cost is $155, Class limit is 5 students- Prerequisite Advanced Manners is recommended
Ready to just take the CGC test or already have the CGC?
Please contact us if you are interested in CGCA, CGCU or Trick Dog testing